AWA’s Program database is SAM. SAM is the place Students will utilize to view messages from AWA, as well as, complete program functions.
• Provide AWA with their round-trip flight (arrival and departure) information at least 5-days before their arrival into the United States. Flight information should be submitted directly through the student section of their AWA SAM Student Account. If a Student should fail to submit their flight details into their AWA SAM Student Account at least 5-days before their arrival into the United States, they must acknowledge as a result they automatically permit AWA the right to cancel their program. The Student also acknowledges that they will not hold AWA liable for any costs they have incurred for their program. http://apps.americanworkadventures.org/Account/Login
• Arrive into the U.S and/or at their Host Employer in accordance with the start date listed on their job offer form, but no more than 5-days prior to the start date listed on their DS-2019 form.
• Acknowledge that transportation from their arrival airport to their housing destination is not provided by AWA.
• Acknowledge that they must communicate with their host employer at least two weeks prior to their arrival to coordinate an airport pick up if this is an option stated on their job offer.
SEVIS is the US Government database that collects and manages data about foreign students and exchange visitors while they are in the US. In order for AWA to activate a Student’s program in SEVIS, they MUST:
• Report to their vetted and assigned Host Employer within 72-hours. Failure to do so will result in their immediate termination from the program.
• Submit their Arrival Check-In within 72-hours after their arrival into the U.S via-their AWA Student Portal. Understand that failure to do so will result in their immediate termination from the program. http://apps.americanworkadventures.org/Account/Login
• Understand that the AWA Program Regulations dictate that failure to validate SEVIS within 10-days of their DS-2019 start date will result in their immediate termination from the J-1 Work and Travel program.