American Work Adventures’ Work Experience program gives international university students the chance to experience the US as a community member. Interacting with Americans and other internationals on a daily basis, gives our Participants a first-hand view of our diverse and multifaceted nation.
If you are a current university student, you are able to travel to the United States to live and work for up to 4 months while on your “summer” break from your university classes. Depending upon your country’s university schedule, you may be eligible to travel in one of the following three seasons:
- Winter - November to April
- Spring – February to July
- Summer – May to October
American Work Adventures has earned a reputation of providing superb customer service. We are a U.S. Department of State designated sponsor for the Summer Work Travel J-1 visa and have been assisting young adults from all over the world with a memorable, positive experience.
Why American work Adventures?
- Experience the United States by interacting and collaborating with Americans
- Have American Work Adventures find your job or find your own
- Gain independence, belief in yourself, maturity, communication, and invaluable long-lasting skills that will offer personal, professional, and scholastic development.
Are you Eligible for the Program?
- Are you a current university student?
- Are you 18 to 27 years old?
- Are your English skills enough for you to live and work in the USA?
- Are you prepared to become a valuable addition in a US company?
If you meet the above requirements and would like to know how to apply, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the American Work Adventures program work?
Applications are accepted at different times of the year, depending upon the university calendar in your country.
- Contact American Work Adventures at email@example.com In your message, state the country you are from and American Work Adventures will refer you to a Partner agency.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, AWA’s partner will arrange a face to face interview. At the interview, you can make a final decision about which option will work best for you – AWA’s Full-Placement Option (we find your job) or the Self-Option (you find your own job).
- If accepted, pay the program fees and start planning your trip.
- Apply for your J-1 visa through the US embassy or consulate in your area.
What is included?
- Simple and easy online Application process
- J-1 visa sponsorship
- Travel Insurance for the entire length of your program
- 24-hour support throughout your program
- Access to AWA’s Student Portal
- A completion certificate