American Work Adventures’ Work Experience program gives international university students the chance to experience the US as a community member.  Interacting with Americans and other internationals on a daily basis, gives our Participants a first-hand view of our diverse and multifaceted nation.

If you are a current university student, you are able to travel to the United States to live and work for up to 4 months while on your “summer” break from your university classes.  Depending upon your country’s university schedule, you may be eligible to travel in one of the following three seasons:

  • Winter  - November to April
  • Spring – February to July
  • Summer – May to October

American Work Adventures has earned a reputation of providing superb customer service. We are a U.S. Department of State designated sponsor for the Summer Work Travel J-1 visa and have been assisting young adults from all over the world with a memorable, positive experience.

Why American work Adventures?

  • Experience the United States by interacting and collaborating with Americans
  • Have American Work Adventures find your job or find your own
  • Gain independence, belief in yourself, maturity, communication, and invaluable long-lasting skills that will offer personal, professional, and scholastic development.

Are you Eligible for the Program?

  • Are you a current university student?
  • Are you 18 to 27 years old?
  • Are your English skills enough for you to live and work in the USA?
  • Are you prepared to become a valuable addition in a US company?

If you meet the above requirements and would like to know how to apply, please send us a message at

How does the American Work Adventures program work?

Applications are accepted at different times of the year, depending upon the university calendar in your country.

  1. Contact American Work Adventures at In your message, state the country you are from and American Work Adventures will refer you to a Partner agency.
  2. If you meet the eligibility requirements, AWA’s partner will arrange a face to face interview. At the interview, you can make a final decision about which option will work best for you – AWA’s Full-Placement Option (we find your job) or the Self-Option (you find your own job).
  3. If accepted, pay the program fees and start planning your trip.
  4. Apply for your J-1 visa through the US embassy or consulate in your area.

What is included?

  • Simple and easy online Application process
  • J-1 visa sponsorship
  • Travel Insurance for the entire length of your program
  • 24-hour support throughout your program
  • Access to AWA’s Student Portal
  • A completion certificate