How to Get Involved

Host Employers have the opportunity to provide employment to our international university students in an effort to spread American culture and values. Employer relationships are fundamental to our cross-cultural program. If you are an employer who would like to become involved in the Summer Work and Travel program, please visit our contact us page.

As part of Department of State regulations, American Work Adventures must screen and approve your business for the Summer Work and Travel program. Our preliminary requirements of all interested Host Employers are:

1) Current Business License

2) Valid Worker's Compensation

3) AWA Documentation which includes the following:

  • Host Employer Agreement
  • Host Employer Profile form
  • Job Profile
  • Seasonality Affirmation form
  • Housing and Transportation form

*All forms are subject to change based on current Department of State regulations.