Our English Participant Orientation Video is mandatory for all J-1 SWT participants who are traveling to the United States in any season. The English Participant Orientation Video covers all dynamics of the program for the participants. This video is designed to be viewed by participants in their home country prior to arrival in the United States. If a participant does not understand a segment of the program, they can view our English Participant Orientation Video for the answers to their questions or they can contact their local agency for more information. As of 3/9/2015, our English Participant Orientation Video covers the following categories for the participants:
1) Reasons to participate in the program
2) What the program offers participants
3) What to do before leaving home
4) Embassy appointment procedures
5) Visa Rules as of 2015 Department of State regulations
6) The Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
7) Flight arrangements
8) Arrival Check-In procedures
9) Social Security Card procedures
10) Insurance information
11) Monthly monitoring system (aka Monthly Check-In)
12) Cultural Events and Activities
13) Emergency Contact Procedures and Information.
If you would like a written copy of the video script, please click here.
Our English Participant Orientation Video can be viewed by clicking here.